Boil some radishes. Let the water cool, then drink a glassful. Apparently tastes awful and doesn’t smell very nice, but it works. – Listed by Val Thorncroft, February 2018
Can assist with the following:
- Reduces weight gain
- Antioxidant which protects cells from damage
- Helps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Prevents inflammation
- Helps the body convert fats into energy
- Reduces fatigue and improves energy levels
1-2 Capsules per day or as recommended by your health care practitioner
- Alkaloids in the plant may lower blood pressure and slow heart rate
- Moringa bark can cause uterine contractions
We would suggest the following:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
Application – Buy a base oil: coconut, sweet almond, grape seed for example. If you have 20ml of base oil, add half the amount of Essential Oil drops. That gives you 10 drops. In this case, you will add 5 drops of Lemon and 5 drops of Lavender. Apply the mixture over the body, especially the lower back area (kidney area), as required. Especially effective after a bath.
Bath – Your skin is the most absorbent part of the body. The heat of the bath assists in the absorption. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Diffusing 5 drops (maximum) of Essential Oil into a teaspoon of milk. Or a cup, if you would like more of a Cleopatra style bath. Use 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Lemon. Add Epsom salts.
- Or simply add 5ml of your massage blend.
Close all windows. Soak for 15-20 minutes minimum. Avoid splashing in the eyes.
** A patch test is required – 1 drop of aromatherapy oil to 4 drops of base oil. Apply a coin size amount to a patch of skin on the inner arm **
If sensitivity occurs, apply more base oil to soothe the area. Possibly avoid use for a further 10 days. If you wish to continue, dilute to ¼ of the original amount and test on a small area of skin. If there is no further reaction, continue with that dosage.
** Oils are for external use only and must be blended with a carrier oil. Always avoid the eyes, ears and nose **
** Lemon – Avoid if pregnant/lactating, Avoid sun exposure after application for 12 hours. Avoid if on prescription medication. Avoid use on children below 5 **
** Lavender is the safest of all oils, if on a rare occasion you react, apply more base oil to the skin to soothe it and dilute the massage blend with more base oil **