Can assist with the following:
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Assists with high cholesterol, diabetes, rheumatism, osteoarthritis
- Relieves hay fever
- Assists with depression
- Antiviral, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties
- Heal’s skin conditions like eczema
1-2 Capsules per day or as recommended by your health care practitioner
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects; however, some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness or diarrhoea
We would suggest the following:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
Massage – Buy a base oil: coconut, sweet almond, grape seed for example. If you have 20ml of base oil, add half the amount of Essential Oil drops. In this case, you will add 6 drops of Lavender and 4 drops of Frankincense. Rub the blend over the affected abdominal area, as required. Especially effective after a bath. Apply a heat pack to help absorption and ease symptoms.
Bath – Your skin is the most absorbent part of the body. The heat of the bath assists in the absorption. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Diffusing 5 drops (maximum) of Essential Oils into a teaspoon of milk. Or a cup, if you would like more of a Cleopatra style bath. Use 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Frankincense. Add Epsom salts.
- Or simply add 5ml of your massage blend.
Close all windows. Soak for 15-20 minutes minimum. Avoid splashing in the eyes.
** A patch test is required – 1 drop of aromatherapy oil to 4 drops of base oil. Apply a coin size amount to a patch of skin on the inner arm **
If sensitivity occurs, apply more base oil to soothe the area. Possibly avoid use for a further 10 days. If you wish to continue, dilute to ¼ of the original amount and test on a small area of skin. If there is no further reaction, continue with that dosage.
** Lavender is the safest of oils, if on a rare occasion you react, apply more base oil to the skin to soothe it and dilute the massage blend with more base oil **
** Frankincense – Avoid use during pregnancy/lactating, if any bleeding disorders or on anticoagulants. Avoid with children below 5 and caution below 8 **