Can assist with the following:
- Increases urine flow
- Kills germs
- Reduces fever
- “Purifies” the blood
- Treats colds
- Treats Cancer, Anorexia and Nervosa
- Joint pain (Rheumatism and Gout)
- Bladder infections
- Skin conditions including Acne and Psoriasis
1-2 Capsules per day or as recommended by your health care practitioner
- Burdock might slow blood clotting
- May cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family
- Diabetes: Some evidence suggests that taking Burdock might lower blood sugar levels
We would suggest the following:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
Massage – Buy a base oil: coconut, sweet almond, grape seed for example. If you have 20ml of base oil, add half the amount of Essential Oil drops. In this case, you will add 8 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Frankincense. Rub a dab of the mixture onto your temples. Apply the mixture over the body, especially over chest and shoulders or necessary areas, as required. Especially effective after a bath.
Bath – Your skin is the most absorbent part of the body. The heat of the bath assists in the absorption. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Diffusing 5 drops (maximum) of Essential Oil into a teaspoon of milk. Or a cup, if you would like more of a Cleopatra style bath. Use 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Frankincense. Add Epsom salts.
- Or simply add 5ml of your massage blend.
Close all windows. Soak for 15-20 minutes minimum. Avoid splashing in the eyes.
Diffuser – Add 5 drops into a diffuser. (3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Frankincense).
** A patch test is required – 1 drop of aromatherapy oil to 4 drops of base oil. Apply a coin size amount to a patch of skin on the inner arm **
If sensitivity occurs, apply more base oil to soothe the area. Possibly avoid use for a further 10 days. If you wish to continue, dilute to ¼ of the original amount and test on a small area of skin. If there is no further reaction, continue with that dosage.
** Oils are for external use only and must be blended with a carrier oil. Always avoid the eyes, ears and nose **
** Lavender is the safest of oils, if on a rare occasion you react, apply more base oil to the skin to soothe it and dilute the massage blend with more base oil **
** Frankincense – Avoid use during pregnancy/lactating, if any bleeding disorders or on anticoagulants. Avoid with children below 5 and caution below 8 **