We would suggest the following supplements to help:
- Vit C – 500mg
- Vit E – 400IU
- Lutein – 10mg
- Zinc oxide – 80mg
- Green, leafy vegetables high in anti-oxidants
– Listed by Sharon Olivier, January 2021
Can assist with the following:
- Reduces weight gain
- Antioxidant which protects cells from damage
- Helps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Prevents inflammation
- Helps the body convert fats into energy
- Reduces fatigue and improves energy levels
1-2 Capsules per day or as recommended by your health care practitioner
- Alkaloids in the plant may lower blood pressure and slow heart rate
- Moringa bark can cause uterine contractions
Hemp Seed Oil – Capsules
* Keep refrigerated
Hemp seed typically contains over 30% oil and about 25% protein, with considerable amounts of vitamins and minerals. Hemp seed oil is over 80% in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and is an exceptionally rich source of the two essential fatty acids (Omega 3&6) in the correct balance, which is considered to be optimal for human health. Both of these high-quality storage proteins are easily digested and contain nutritionally significant amounts of all essential amino acids. Hemp seed has been used to treat various disorders for thousands of years in traditional oriental medicine. Recent clinical trials have identified hemp seed oil as a functional food, and animal feeding studies demonstrate the long-standing utility of hemp seed as an important food resource.
- Hemp seed is full of immune-boosting fatty acids which can also help to improve symptoms of mood-related disorders
- It offers support for vital brain health
- It provides the body with a good source of protein, supports muscle and joints
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Veggie Cap
1 to 2 capsules a day
In high doses can cause drowsiness and headaches
We would suggest the following:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
Massage – Buy a base oil: coconut, sweet almond, grape seed for example. If you have 20ml of base oil, add half the amount of Essential Oil drops. In this case, you will add 7 drops of Lavender and 3 drops of Frankincense. Rub the mixture over the body, especially chest, shoulders and neck, as required. Especially after a bath.
Bath – Your skin is the most absorbent part of the body. The heat of the bath assists in the absorption. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Diffusing 5 drops (maximum) of Essential Oil into a teaspoon of milk. Or a cup, if you would like more of a Cleopatra style bath. Use 4 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Frankincense (or 3-2). Add Epsom salts.
- Or simply add 5ml of your massage blend.
Close all windows. Soak for 15-20 minutes minimum. Avoid splashing in the eyes.
Pillow – Place 1 drop of Lavender on your pillow to aid sleep.
** A patch test is required – 1 drop of aromatherapy oil to 4 drops of base oil. Apply a coin size amount to a patch of skin on the inner arm **
If sensitivity occurs, apply more base oil to soothe the area. Possibly avoid use for a further 10 days. If you wish to continue, dilute to ¼ of the original amount and test on a small area of skin. If there is no further reaction, continue with that dosage.
** Oils are for external use only and must be blended with a carrier oil. Always avoid the eyes, ears and nose **
** Frankincense – Avoid use during pregnancy/lactating, if any bleeding disorders or on anticoagulants. Avoid with children below 5 and caution below 8 **
** Lavender is the safest of oils, if on a rare occasion you react, apply more base oil to the skin to soothe it and dilute the massage blend with more base oil **